👋 Hi there – The Vectrix platform allows companies to connect their third-party SaaS and cloud services, like AWS, GitHub, G Suite, etc., and detect security issues instantly.
We do this by offering a growing library of individual, easy-to-use security scanners that each monitor a specific service for a specific issue. Active security engineers develop and monetize their scanners, we vet and host them, and companies pick, choose, and integrate the security coverage that matters to them.
About the role
As an early hire on the Vectrix team, you will influence and drive technical and product decisions that will leave a lasting impression on the company – and the industry – for years to come.
Working closely with the founding team, your purview will cover the development, support, and scalability of the Vectrix platform. You will report to our CTO, Matt, working together to develop the foundation on which cloud security is improved for companies and security teams around the world.
💻 What You’ll Do
- Architect and build both frontend and backend components of our web application.
- Architect and support GraphQL API.
- Aid in infrastructure architecture design and implementation for supporting the Vectrix web app and residual services.
- Experience with Restful APIs.
- Experience working on backend when necessary (Python 3, Django, etc.).
- Experience working in cloud native environments (AWS, GCP).
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, K8s the Hard Way).
- Ability to write secure, testable, and efficient code.
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases and how to use them efficiently.
- An understanding of basic performance optimization and scalability for web applications.
- 2+ years’ experience in an engineering or development role.
- Practical thinker: understand how to optimize time effectively to balance creation of tech debt while shipping features as fast as possible.
- Background within security (huge plus!)
- Strong UI/UX design skills (huge plus!)
- Great at troubleshooting and debugging issues.
- Excels at communicating complex issues in an easy to understand way.
- A 4 year degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in years experience.
We’re looking for teammates who are:
- Dependable: You’re a real team player; someone that can be counted on and counts on others.
- Self-starting: You’re ready to take on the world… as well as that really annoying bug causing headaches.
- Curious: You’re excited and motivated by learning and doing… and then learning some more.
- Emotionally intelligent: You place value in understanding your colleagues and who they are.
- Problem solvers: You default to action and find a way to solve even the trickiest of problems.
- Competitive salary with early employee equity
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit packages
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup allowance
- “Take What You Need” vacation policy
- 11 holidays a year (including Election Day)
- Paid parental leave for all parents
We’re cloud first in all that we do. Our backend is built in Python/Django and is based on a micro service architecture running within Docker and AWS EKS (Kubernetes). Our backend utilizes AWS services like S3, RDS, EC2, and Lambda. We use React on the frontend and leverage Material UI and Bootstrap for the majority of UI components. We live in Slack, but code lives in GitHub. We leverage Notion and Gitbooks for documentation.