XMG is now offering an i7-10875H CPU option for the NEO lineup of liquid-metal-cooled laptops. The 17-inch model is also getting a 62 Wh larger battery, although it still seems quite small compared to the 93 Wh battery on the 15-inch model. Additionally, XMG finally reveals the brand of the liquid metal thermal compound.
Schenker-XMG is adding a new CPU option for the NEO 15/17 gaming laptops. Previously only limited to the 6-core / 12-thread i7-10750H CPU, the refreshed NEO laptops now come with the 8-core / 16-thread i7-10875H solutions, as well.
Both 15.6-inch and 17.3-inch variants will ship with a liquid metal thermal compound that cools the CPU more effectively when compared to high quality silicone compounds. XMG previously withheld information regarding the brand of the liquid metal compound, but, with the announcement of the new models, the company has revealed that it has always used and will continue to use the Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut brand. XMG claims that the liquid metal compound can reduce CPU temperatures by around 8 degrees Celsius and this should reduce fan noises to a certain degree.
The 17.3-inch model is also receiving a battery upgrade in the form of a 62 Wh Li-poly model (previously only limited to a 46 Wh battery), while the 15.6-inch laptop remains equipped with a 93 Wh battery.
Other features that can be found on both variants include:
- FHD IPS screens with 240 Hz refresh rate
- GPU options ranging up to an RTX 2070 SUPER with Nvidia Optimus
- up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM via 2x SO-DIMMs
- dual M.2 2280 slots for NVMe SSDs (the 17-inch 46 Wh model also includes a 2.5-inch SSD/HDD bay)
- THX Spatial Audio
- optomechanical keyboard with Project Aurora compatibility
- Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth 5.0
- Port selection: 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1, 1x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, 1x Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 (DisplayPort mode), 1x HDMI 2.0 output, headphone + mic audio jacks, GbE connector, SD card reader
- Weights: 15-inch model -> 2.1 Kg (4.6 lbs); 17-inch model -> 2.5 Kg (5.5 lbs)
The new variants can be configured and pre-ordered right now at bestware.com, and shipping times are scheduled for early September. As far as prices go, the base configuration for the NEO 15 that includes the i7-10750H CPU coupled with 8 GB of RAM, 250 GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD and an RTX 2060 Refresh GPU costs €1,607, while the 17-inch variant is only available with the i7-10875H CPU option starting at €1,753.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck’s Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros
Bogdan Solca, 2020-08-25 (Update: 2020-08-25)